My lymph gland is swollen up big on the left side, and the gum back by my left wisdom tooth is swollen big too, what could this be?

In brief: Pericornitis

It sounds like an infection ( called pericornitis) that occurs usually by the wisdom teeth.
There is often a little flap of tissue over the back part of the tooth and food gets trapped causing an infection and swelling. This can turn into a very serious infection. Make sure you see your dentist.

In brief: Pericornitis

Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Wisdom tooth

Sounds like an infected, impacted wisdom tooth.
An infection in this area is called pericoronitis. It should be treated with antibiotics until it settles down, then the wisdom tooth should be extracted by an oral surgeon.

In brief: Wisdom tooth

Dr. Adam Smith