How do I stop the early morning stiffness and pain radiating down one leg?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Exercise
Am pain upon arising is usually just related to some degenerative changes that cause some muscular tightness that usually resolves once up & about but may be an early warning of things to come if not proactive in terms of regular exercise including stretching, core strengthening and cardiovascular routines.
Weight control is important as is cessation of smoking if you have this habit.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: See your doctor.
Your symptoms could have a variety of causes, ranging from arthritis to nerve compression to a slipped disc in your back.
Please see your doctor to determine if any testing or treatment is needed. I hope you feel better soon!

In brief: See your doctor.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Peter Kurzweil