Is it safe to provide hyperbaric oxygen treatment while on methotrexate?

In brief: I tried to research

Your question. Although this issues was indirectly addressed - i could not find any articles that focused directly on this issue.
The only thing i can say at this point is that i did not find any literature indicating that it was contraindicated. I agree with earlier comments.

In brief: I tried to research

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Theoretically, yes.

Unlike doxorubicin, bleomycin, and cis-platinum, to my knowledge Methotrexate does not affect the mitochondria (where inactivation of reactive oxygen species occurs).
In other words, theoretically, Methotrexate could be used in a patient undergoing hyperbaric oxygen treatment, without danger, and with the same efficacy. However, practically, it may be better to focus on one treatment at a time.

In brief: Theoretically, yes.

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Depend

It is not about the chemotherapy- but the main questions are- what is the indication and why you take methotrexate? / the type of cancer you are referring here.
If the hyperbaric therapy can be delayed- it is better not to do it while on chemotherapy. Please discuss further with your doctor/oncologist about safety and benefit.

In brief: Depend

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Adam Levy