I have no history of depression, but was going through a stressful time and started taking 500mg l tyrosine. What could this be a sign of?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: L tyrosine

Wondering if this was recommended by physician.
Consult your doctor first.

In brief: L tyrosine

Consult your doctor first.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Glen Elliott
Probably not doing much. l-tyrosine is a precursor to several important brain chemicals including dopamine and norepinephrine. However, evidence that taking oral tyrosine actually increased the levels of those compounds where they are needed is slim, at best.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: It's hard to say?

I'm not sure what you're asking? What is a sign of what? I'll add that stuff at the health food store is not all safe or effective.
Just because something is natural, organic or herbal doesn't make it safe. Many very dangerous substances are plant based. There are no studies i know of which prove that l-tyrosine is really effective for anything. You should see a dr for a diagnosis to start.

In brief: It's hard to say?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Eric Weisman