I have chondromalacia patella, what can I do to treat it?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depend on the

Degree of it.Treatment of patellofemoral pain often begins with simple measures.
Rest your knee as much as possible. Avoid any activities that increase the pain, such as climbing stairs. It did not respond, medications, rehabilitation exercises.Supportive braces.Taping. Knee-friendly sports, surgical and other procedures.

In brief: It depend on the

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Therapy

Chondromalacia patella (runners knee) is due to overload of the patellofemoral joint (knee cap against the end of the thigh bone).
Running caused high forces in this portion of the joint. So does arising from a chair, going up/down stairs. Treatment consists of activity modification, ice, anti-inflammatory meds and therapy aimed at flexibility and strengthening, especially of your core.

In brief: Therapy

Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Dr. Zubin Khubchandani