How should I prepare for the CT myelogram?

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery
In brief: Relax
You should do fine.
Drink plenty of fluids the night before and avoid Aspirin or other anti-coagulation medications. Check out spine-health.Com. Good luck.

In brief: Relax
You should do fine.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Drink a lot of
Drink a lot of water to be hydrated and make sure you stopped any blood thinners a week to 10 days ahead or as directed by your physician.

In brief: Drink a lot of
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: CT myelogram
It depends it you will be awake during the procedure or if any anesthesia will be used.
Usually, there is not any specific preparation that i can think of. I have had such a procedure performed on me, it was not a big deal. I had to lie on a table and local anesthesia or numbing medication was used. It was not painful. Try not to worry and good luck.

In brief: CT myelogram
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Eric Weisman