I have sharp lumbar pain, but scans and tests show that there's nothing wrong. What can I do?

David Miller

In brief: OMM

The causes of low back pain can be difficult to diagnose by scans and x-rays.
Since all your tests are normal, you might consider finding a do who treats low back pain with osteopathic manipulation and see what they are able to do for you. Omm has been shown in studies to be effective in treating low back pain, often without less need for medication or surgery.

In brief: OMM

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Pain Management

In brief: Depends

If you physician clears you, consider starting physical therapy to work on core strengthening of you lumbar spine.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Dr. Eric Weisman