I am very physically active. I just found out that I have herniated lumbar disc. Will I ever be able to be active again?

Dr. Judy Orton
Once you are through with the acute spasm and muscular back pain regular exercise and core strengthening are vital.
See a physical therapist to learn proper exercises and technique. I've run 6 marathons since i had my herniated disc issue.

Dr. Judy Orton
Dr. Judy Orton
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
90% heal without surgery and allow for full return of activities once asymptomatic.
To minimize recurrent issues, don't smoke, exercise regularly and keep trim in terms of weight.

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Eric Weisman