what is good about adhd ?

Mixed Picture

Add_&_adhd
Kids or adults with ADHD are often "high ennergy" people which can be helpful in certain situations. They may also look at things in slightly different ways and bring new perspectives into a situation. However, it is easy to see how even these positives can create negative situations.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Children

answered:

Let's see

Puberty
I think most of the symptoms of ADHD are a pain in the neck to a person who has it. The best outcomes I've seen are in kids whose families educate themselves and their child about what it means to have ADHD. I try to get kids to understand and " own" their ADHD by age 10, before puberty. Then they can use their " out of the box" thinking and creativity to their advantage as teens & adults.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Children Children's health Neck Puberty Teen

Lots!

We all have strengths and weaknesses. In some scenarios, adhd is a strength. When properly organized, can multitask better than others, put things together mechanically better, see the 'big picture' better. www.additudemag.com is a great resource.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd

answered:

If miss troubles

Drug_problems
If anything good is to come out of ADHD, the severity of the condition should be mild-to-moderate, the sufferer should have above average intelligence, should grow up with healthy self esteem despite ADHD, and should manage to reach adulthood with at worst minor behavioral problems and without substance abuse.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Drug addiction Drug problems Intelligence Substance abuse

answered:

More athletic?

Add
Most boys prefer outside play to sitting and paying attention. Great athletes often were considered ADHD as kids. Some brilliant scientists were so bored by school they were labeled ADHD. I consider it an inability to fit into our education system rather than a true disease.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Children

Good ADHD?

The person is good,the underlying qualities,morals and abilities of that person are good,the frustrations,feelings of inadequacy,inability to regulate emotions,activity,impulses,and poor social relations are not.People are not ADHD,they have ADHD,a serious often misdiagnosed and misunderstood disorder
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Frustration

answered:

ADHD

Iq
Best thing is following those youngsters as they mature, and with their high IQ, it is quite rewarding to see them make such remarkable progress.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Iq