I had rotator cuff surgery on 3 02 2012 did 7 months of therapy and now my bicep gives me a terrible pain when i lift it almost to my shoulder height it hurts so bad I have to drop and hold my arm my arm is also cracking and popping again any suggestions

Dr. Brian Badman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably didn't heal

I suspect your repair didn't take or part of the repair failed to heal.
Not your fault or even your surgeon's fault. Blame biology. Depending on extent of tear anywhere from 10->50% of tears won't heal. I would advise a followup exam and have it looked at. If still having pain and tendon retorn options will inlcude steroid, benign neglect or reverse total shoulder. B cautious w repeat repair.

In brief: Probably didn't heal

Dr. Peter Ihle
this is a sign of a failed repair, not biceps in origin.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: See surgeon

I would see your surgeon to see if there are any problems related to the surgery you should have fairly normal motion and strength this long since your surgery you could have some further damage in your shoulder which could be affecting your recovery.

In brief: See surgeon

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine