I have tightness in my chest, difficulty in breathing, shoulder and neck pain. I also have a strong heart beat causing an electrical sensation. My doctor said that my heart is alright. What should I do?

Dr. Stacey Jaff
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: If not cardiac...

These can be symptoms of an anxiety attack so consider exploring this diagnosis.
I would consider costochondritis too, inflammation of the joints of the ribs as they join the sternum (breastbone). This is treated with an anti-inflammatory medication and physical therapy. An x-ray might help with diagnosis, though physical exam is most helpful. If the pain localizes, steroid injection helps.

In brief: If not cardiac...

Dr. Stacey Jaff
Dr. Stacey Jaff
2 comments
Dr. Will Moorehead
I agree this is a part of the explanation provided by me. The way to arrive at the correct answer, you must undergo a complete medical ev
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Many Things

Difficulty breathing can result from any organ or tissue within the chest wall.
It appears that you have seen a doctor to evaluate your heart. Labored breathing can cause chest pain along with neck pain. Cervical disc herniation can result in neck, shoulder and chest pain and tightness. You should undergo a full examination by your pcp to eliminate pulmonary problems. If cleared and orthopedic eva.

In brief: Many Things

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Terrence Cohen
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See a cardiologist

At your age, heart arteries blockage would be unusual.
Other cardiac possibilities include problems with the electrical system that regulates the heart beat, looseness of the mitral valve, and irritation of the sack around the heart. A cardiologist would be best to assess this. An electrocardiogram and an echocardiogram would be helpful. Partial lung collapse or a clot in the lung are possible.

In brief: See a cardiologist

Dr. Terrence Cohen
Dr. Terrence Cohen
Dr. Thomas Graber
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Keep looking

Your symptoms are important.
I wonder how your doctor checked your heart. It might need another kind of check. Consider problems with esophagus and or anxiety.

In brief: Keep looking

Your symptoms are important.
Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Thomas Graber
Dr. Adam Smith