Is lumbago a treatable condition?

David Miller
In brief: Very much so
"lumbago" is simply a fancy medical term for low back pain.
In many cases, low back pain is very treatable and often responds well to osteopathic manipulation. In the hands of a skilled physician, omm has been shown to be very effective at treating low back pain while reducing the need for drugs and surgery. I would suggest hunting down a local do and see what they can do for you.

In brief: Very much so
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
There are mutiple treatments starting with lifestyle changes: no smoking, weight control & regular exercise.
If no contraindications, medication can help as well as a back support. Modification of activities that affect the back is also helpful. Sometimes pain management injections & physical therapy can help.

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling