If someone wants to quit smoking marijuana but has been unsuccessful, is there a safer legal med that could help?

Get evaluated

Open-uri20121015-15772-wm72ou
It would be helpful for you see an Addiction Medicine physician, many of whom are psychiatrists. It's important to review your history, etc, so that any conditions interfering with recovery can be addressed & treated. Otherwise you will be tempted to self-medicate -- going counter to your goal. Research about the possibility of using naloxone in people recovering from THC abuse, is ongoing.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Smoking Addiction Marijuana Cannabis Tobacco cessation Narcan Naloxone Addiction medicine Ganja Quit smoking

answered:

NONE THAT I KNOW

Open-uri20121015-15620-1nvb6c
I do not know of a detox medication for marijuana. May need to discuss with your physician and see what is the underlying issue that drives you to smoke and try to treat that. Marijuana has an impact on many areas of the brain and this is why a medication to help is not too easy.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Smoking Marijuana Cannabis Tobacco cessation Brain Cerebrum Ganja Quit smoking

Related Top Doctors

Dr. Susan Woods
Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology