Should I still practice a sport after suffering from lumbago/lower back pain?

Possibly. As long as the sport doesn't worsen your pain, it should be ok. Check with your physician before you restart.
Yes if better. Exercise, in general, is helpful for back conditions. As long as your symptoms have resolved you can usually resume all activities. Sports activities can sometimes place certain stresses on musculoskeletal structures that vary with your age, your skill abd form, your underlying conditioning and the level you play your sport at ( recreational to pro) and what type of specific sport you engage in.