Does low back pain commonly lead to depression?

It Can, But... Many patients with low back pain develop depression, but the cause and effect relationship is unclear. The depression is likely because they are dealing with a chronic illness on a daily basis rather than the back pain itself causing the altered mood.
It can. if not treated and managed effectively. Don't wait for it to get that bad, sometimes back pain can't be fully alleviated. It can be managed effectively with exercise, medications, injections and in some cases with surgery.
Back pain depression. Untreated depression will lead to back pain. Back pain medications will lead to headache after 4-5years due to medication overuse headache! whether pain precede or follows depression, needs to treat depression otherwise pain will never subside. Chronic pain affects same brain centers as depression = explain one leads to another. Spine is brain, not just elongation of.
It Can. Any chronic pain condition leads to a sensory and emotional response that is unpleasant and often interferes with one's ability to enjoy their activities of daily living and ability to enjoy life. The longer somebody has a painful condition the more likely it is that depression will become an issue. It is important to treat pain with a multi-modal approach.
It can. Chronic pain, whether it be from the back or other source can be difficult to live with and lead to depression.