I have low back pain and urinary problems. Can they be related?

Yes. Urinary problems may cause symptoms which can be mistaken for a back problem. You do not have to be 'burning' upon urination to have back pain from urinary problems. It is not uncommon for problems of the urinary tract to be referred to the back.
Depends. You could have 2 separate problems or they could be related. In some cases a severe herniated disc can compress the lumbar nerve roots and result in the inability to urinate adequately. Problems with the kidneys or bladder can also refer pain to the low back. I would recommend seeing your physician for further evaluation.