Does upper cervical treatment help low back pain?

Not usually. Treatments such as physical therapy, injections or surgery tend to target only that particular area of the body or spine. However, if medication (oral or injected) is absorbed into the blood stream, it can be distributed and exert effect all over the body. This may explain why the steroid injection in your neck or back sometimes makes your aching knee feel better.
Possibly. Helping your cervical spine and cervical muscles can help your low back pain by improving your body mechanics, and possibly relieving some muscle tension.