Why do I have low back pain when I have your period?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Hormones
It is difficult to say for sure, but probably the shift in hormone levels in your system during your cycle.
Try to stay active, exercise, use over the counter medications (unless your doctor told you not to use them), and keep going. If you cannot (the pain is more severe), have your gynecologist or pcp examine you.

In brief: Hormones
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Fred Naraghi
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Back pain
There may be a link between hormonal cycle and degenerative disc disease pain.
If the back pain is severe during your period you should consider getting an MRI of your lumbar spine for accurate diagnosis, and consider conservative care (physical therapy, chiropractic, etc.).

In brief: Back pain
Dr. Fred Naraghi
Dr. Fred Naraghi
Dr. Jane Van Dis