What can I do to make my severe excema more controlled and less of a burden on my everyday life?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Severe Eczema

Flare-ups of eczema are traditionally treated with topical corticosteroids.
These reduce inflammation in the skin and are safe and effective medicines when used correctly. Topical steroids come in various strengths, and the least potent product that is effective should be used to control the inflammation. See your dermatologist for therapy.

In brief: Severe Eczema

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Topical steroids

You should already be using high potency topical steroids, thick moisturizing creams and skin cleansers instead of soap for bathing .
Occlusive dressings may be needed. Need to be very diligent everyday to get it under control. Avoid wool type clothings then you can slow down once it is well under control. May have flare ups at times depends on what triggers your eczema.

In brief: Topical steroids

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Shontae Buffington