Are there alternative remedies out there for chronic back pain?

Many! Sure there are many things you can try including physical therapy, acupuncture, meditation, biofeedback, yoga, alexander technique, tai-chi, feldenkrais method and chiropractic care. If you have had pain for a long time make sure you have been evaluated by a spine specialist.
Yes but... You can find all sorts of things on the internet, in shops & malls, from friends and neighbors. Most things used to treat back pain (including some conventional things prescribed by doctors) have weak scientific basis. It is hard to prove something works, especially since there are so many causes for back pain. When looking at alternatives consider cost, safety, invasiveness, risk, effectiveness.