Can we get rid of lice by cutting our hair?

Not if there are. still nits attached to hair near scalp. Tx of lice requires accurate identification of nits & lice. A pediculicide is usually used- OTC like Nix or RID or prescription meds like lindane or malathion. Work carefully through hair & remove individual nits. Purchase a special lice nit comb to aid you. Check for nits & remove as seen over the next 7 to 10 days. If there are nits after 7 to 10 days –
Lice treatment. Shaving the head is an effective means of eradicating lice; however, for cosmetic reasons, it is an undesirable option. There are numerous otc medications available to treat lice. Newer prescription ones are very expensive, if available at all.