Will acupuncture lessen the pain of bulging discs (l5-s1)?

Pain control. You received some great information from other physicians already. I work with wounded warriors. Many have multiple herniated & bulging discs. Some have had surgery, some are not surgical candidates & some are trying to hold off before they go under the knife. Acupuncture will not correct bulging or herniated discs. But it can provide effective pain relief, reduce surrounding inflammation & ^ rom.
It will not. It won't since bulging discs are normal findings, not pain sources. However, acupunture is a treatment for back pain that has had success with some but not all with this area of pain from several different origins.
50-50. The data is conflicting...Some studies say yes while others show no differences compared to other treatments or placebo. In my experience it tends to be temporarily helpful if at all for severe back pain.