Does doxycycline treat staph infection on hardware in spine?

It is very hard to m. Get rid of a spine infection with hardware present without washing out wound several times and being on IV antibiotics usually for 6 weeks. Sometimes a patient is transitioned onto oral antibiotic but just taking oral antibiotic will most likely not cure the infection but may suppress it while remaining on the antibiotic. It depends on whether an organism was identified & if sensitive to drug.
Antibiotic. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It can help to treat infections with certain types of bacteria such as staphylococcus. Ensure that you have consulted with your surgeon and the infectious disease specialist. Infections surround spinal hardware are quite serious and may require more aggressive antibiotic treatment (such as intravenous administration).