Is there "real" help for hair loss for women? 2 long story. Anesthesia started it. Hasn't changed. I am mortified. 1/2's gone.

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Lots of reasons

Go see your family doc and even get a referral to a dermatologist specializing in hair loss.
First, remember that stress can lead to hair loss. Child birth & hospitalization are classic causes of stress but so is surgery. Hair eventually comes back several months later. Thyroid disease can do this too. So can too much testosterone & its derivative, dihydrotestosterone. So get tested and see derm.

In brief: Lots of reasons

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Brian Struyk
Anesthesiology

In brief: See a dermatologist

I'm not sure how anesthesia could have caused your hair loss, outside of a compression injury.
You need to see a dermatologist for an evaluation and blood tests of thyroid hormone, etc. Good luck.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. Brian Struyk
Dr. Brian Struyk
Dr. Edwin Perez
Pain Management

In brief: Anesthesia

Just cause it started after anesthesia does not mean it is related to anesthesia.
That would be too simplistic. Need to see a dermatologist or other doctor.

In brief: Anesthesia

Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery