My 3 year old has a fever of 101.2 after being outside all day. Should i worry? What can I do to help her.

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Fever

If it is summer in your locality, make sure that the fever is not from dehydration.
If she is not uncomfortable/restless, try not to give a fever reducer unless her temperature continues to rise but instead urge her to drink lots of fluids. Recheck her temperature every 4 hrs. In colder climates, fever is caused by infection ; if persistent after 24 hrs with added symptoms, bring her to thedoctor.

In brief: Fever

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Cindy Juster