How long does take to recover from a herniated disk?

Varies. It is highly variable. I have seen people recover in as little as a couple of months to some who take over a year to recover. There is really no way of predicting with any accuracy.
3 months. Most lumbar disc herniations tend to heal on their own. Anti-inflammatory medication and traction type of therapy often helps to relieve the pain. The herniated disc often takes up to 3 months to heal. Seek medical attention if there is progressive pain, inability to walk, numbness, weakness, or any changes with bowel/bladder function.