My husband has toe nail fungus how contagious is it because I have a newborn what's the fastest way to cure it?

In brief: It is not contagious

Toenail fungus is not contagious, difficult to treat.
There are multiple options for treatment but none of them are 100% successful. Even if it is fully resolved there is a chance for it to come back again in the future.

In brief: It is not contagious

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I don't believe

There is a concern there.
Though, why not let your husband see a podiatrist and get rid of his fungus.

In brief: I don't believe

There is a concern there.
Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry

In brief: Temporary nail remov

The quickest way to remove nail fungus is to remove the nail completely and clean out the fungus living in the nail bed.
It is an in office procedure with local anesthetic. Afterwards you need to apply the standard topical antifungal medication. Your baby should be fine since the nail needs to lift up to allow fungus to get in.

In brief: Temporary nail remov

Dr. Jonathan Jassey