Medicine for thyroid nodule?

Depends on problem. 3 major categories of potential health issues caused by thyroid nodules: a) large size affecting swallowing, breathing, voice ; b) over active production of thyroid hormone (hyperthyroid) ; and c) ~5% of nodules are cancer. Methimazole and ptu (propylthiouracil) are pills that block thyroid hormone production, treating b) above. Radioactive i-131 can shrink/destroy nodule, treating a) and b). Need surgery for c).
Medicine for nodule. There are several medicines that might be used for conditions of the thyroid with nodules. If you are hyperthyroid, anti thyroid medicines might be prescribed. In the past, thyroid hormone was used to suppress and/or shrink thyroid nodules as a way to determine malignant potential. This practice has been abandoned. Thyroid nodules should be ultrasound and biopsied.