My two year old has a lump behind right ear no pain should I be worried?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food.
Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

In brief: Monitoring Centers

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller

In brief: Lymph node

There are many lymph nodes in the neck and back of the head that are often more noticeable because they are located where our fat pads don't hide them. If you feel around you should find several the size of a pea & sometimes bigger.They can increase to the size of a big peanut if stimulated by local factors, illness or vaccines.
I would just monitor it.

In brief: Lymph node

I would just monitor it.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey