My lower lip and chin are numb on my right side. This developed 10 days after my 4 wisdom teeth were removed. Is it related? Scared of cancer.

answered:

Yes

Cancer
Yes it is related as the nerve during extraction can get pinched or injured. Most numbnesses are temporary. Not related to cancer. The only strange thing is that it happened 10 days after extraction. Please see your dentist or a local,oral surgeon to make sure there is no infection in the extraction site.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Cancer Numbness Teething Teeth Lips Chin Dentistry Infection Oral and maxillofacial surgery Wisdom teeth

answered:

Not cancer

Lips
Very likely related to your recent surgery. Have this checked by the surgeon asap. If a result of inflammation in the nerve in that area medication can help reduce swelling which is important to healing.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Cancer Numbness Teething Teeth Lips Chin Wisdom teeth Excise Inflammation Nerve

Yes, related

Cancer
It is not uncommon to have some temporary numbness after wisdom tooth extraction. It is unusual that it did not occur until 10 days later. It is possible that you have an infection in that area that is pinching the nerve. Please go back to your oral surgeon so that they can evaluate and treat they problem. Cancer is extremely unlikely.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Back Cancer Chin Did Excise Infection Lips Nerve Numbness Oral and maxillofacial surgery

Related Top Doctors

Dr. Lisa Oldson
Dr. Lori W. Wagner
Dr. Louis Krenn
Dr. Rashid Khan