Is cauda equina syndrome an incomplete paraplegia?

No . It is a loss of bowel and bladder function of variable degree along with sensory changes in the "saddle" or sitting region of your body.
No. Incomplete is a term used with spinal cord injuries thr spinal cord ends at L1 where it branches into a tail of nerves roots cauda equima is dysfunstion of this dense group of nerves just below the spinal cord the paralyisis is flacid not spastic the sensitve merve controlling bowl amd bladder are affected as well they both carry low recovery rates I have sseen recoveries from both.