How can I plan an exercise program when I have had back surgery?

Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Respect your body
Begin lightly with walking or swimming.
Listen to what your body is telling you, and back off if your body says you're doing too much. Advance as your body allows. By exercising daily and not over doing, you may find you recover more quickly than without the exercise. Good luck.

In brief: Respect your body
Begin lightly with walking or swimming.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: This should be fully
Discussed with your surgeon as he knows the extent and type of surgery you had as well as what condition you are in currently.
The surgeon can guide you as to when to advance in your program possibly with the participation of a physical therapist.

In brief: This should be fully
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Vikram Patel