How can I handle a wound infection after back surgery?

Get help ASAP. Start with the surgeon for help on this or seek out a wound care specialist.
Back surgery. You need to return to the surgeon that performed the procedure and request an evaluation as soon as possible. The physician may want to culture the wound for you and place you on antibiotics. Remember, that you may also seek help from a wound care specialist also.
Needs follow up. 1st see the surgeon then see a wound specialist.

Related Questions

What can I do to treat a wound infection after back surgery?

See your surgeon. Depending on how deep the wound infection is, you may just need oral antibiotics (for a superficial infection) to open debridement of infected tissue if the infection is deeper in, with IV antibiotics. Let your surgeon evaluate it and make the assessment. Read more...