I have a back issue and am constipated. I took 4 colace (docusate sodium) stool softeners and still have not had a bowel movement , its been 3 days, should I try the?

In brief: Continue the colace (docusate sodium)

If you are taking pain medications for the back issue, you can become rather constipated due to them. Therefore i recommend that anyone taking narcotic pain meds regularly take a stool softener.
I'd recommend continuing the colace, (docusate sodium) make sure to drink plenty of water, and you can add one other over the counter medication to help you have a bm such as mineral oil, senna, or dulcolax.

Dr. Peter Kurzweil