Is it okay to have lower back pain after a tetanus or meningitis shot?

Not really. Did you get the shot in your buttock? If so, this can sometimes result in irritation to the sciatic nerve, or you can develop a tender point in the gluteus muscles. Best to contact the office where you received the shot and inform then and ask for advice.
Probably unrelated . The back pain is probably unrelated as this type of pain is not uncommon to begin with as up to 85% of people will experience this type of pain in their lifetime. If the injection was in the buttock region, this could cause a local inflammation fairly immediately that could present like back pain but should resolve just as quickly.