What are the causes of chest and back pain when sneezing?

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine
In brief: Depends on your age
Generally at young age you are not expected to have any pain.
As you get older and tissues are not as strong will cause pain, sneezing, such as cough the produces a lot of force within the chest cavity, and within the spine. This produces stress on the ribs or back and causes pain, with osteoporosis. However the most common cause of back pain is bulging disc which is pushed out more.

In brief: Depends on your age
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Mark Moran
Pain Management
In brief: Muscle or disc
Usually muscle stain or bulging disc.
I would try heat, rest, stretching where the pain is. If conservative measures don't help, talk to doctor about mri.

In brief: Muscle or disc
Usually muscle stain or bulging disc.
Dr. Mark Moran
Dr. Mark Moran
Dr. Vikram Patel