How do I alleviate upper back pain that runs across my shoulders and up into my neck?

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine

In brief: Refer to answer

Neck, shoulder pain at young age is usually are inflammatory in nature, and rarely are due to herniated discs, pain can also radiate from shoulder to the neck.
Ice pack and starching usually causes some relief, with some advil (ibuprofen) or other anti inflammatory medicines. If pain persists needs to be investigated. Also avoid no lifting more then 10 lb.

In brief: Refer to answer

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Inversion table

Gentle traction using inversion table will help do 10 min in 45 degree and the 10 min in 90 degrees.
This relaxes the spinal cord and helps spinal pinched nerves.

In brief: Inversion table

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown