How do I get rid of my back pain in the morning, and could it be a sign of a bigger problem?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Rarely if only AM

Am pain upon arising is usually just related to some degenerative changes that cause some muscular tightness that usually resolves once up & about but may be an early warning of things to come if not proactive in terms of regular exercise including stretching, core strengthening and cardiovascular routines.
Weight control is important as is cessation of smoking if you have this habit.

In brief: Rarely if only AM

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Better Mattress

Back pain in the morning may be a sign of arthritis in your back.
However, changing how you sleep and what you sleep on may help with your pain. Try sleeping on a more firm bedding, and see if this helps.

In brief: Better Mattress

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ario Kiarash