I have pain on both sides of my right Achilles tendon where it meets my heel. I haven't ran for a week and have been icing it but it is not improving.?

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

You need to have a podiatrist check out the problem. You have insertional achilles tendinitis which is causing the pain.
Are you stretching before and after your run? You should also take a NSAID if you can and start physical therapy.

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa

In brief: Do not run.

Avoid straining the achilles.
Running, treadmills with elevation, toe raises, and negatives will not allow the tissues to heal. Rest, ice, nsaids, and heel lifts may help.

In brief: Do not run.

Avoid straining the achilles.
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine