How should I choose a chair to reduce lower back pain?

Dr. Ahmed Elborno
Pain Management

In brief: Back pain treatment

Most common causes of low back pain is no cause but secondry causes could be related to skin lesions , ligaments and tendons, muscles , disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, facet joint disease and or other intrapelvic related diseases.
Assessment of the patient ancluding the clinical presentation as well as diagnostic measure is the key to diagnosis and treatment please refer to pain survivor.

In brief: Back pain treatment

Dr. Ahmed Elborno
Dr. Ahmed Elborno
Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Pain Management

In brief: There are many ways

I'd first make sure it was comfortable and stable.
Check for proper ergonomics and consult with a ergonomic specialist if necessary.

In brief: There are many ways

Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Dr. Louis Grenzer
You want a chair that encourages you not to slump forward, bending your lower back just above the hips in the wrong direction. :Push your shoulders back and note that the area of the back behind your navel is curved. A chair that when you lean back encourages that curve will be very helpful. You might get a cylinder sgaoed cushion to put there in your car as well. Walmart sells them for about $15.