How do I get rid of my sciatic nerve pain in my lower back?

Dr. Thomas Byrnes
In brief: Work on it daily
Pain management can be useful if it helps you to move normally while you heal.
If you smoke, you must stop. What ever type of activity/lifestyle produces the damage to your back must be modified. Physical therapy for a core strengthening, yoga type stretching home exercise program that incorporates proper breathing and body awareness is the pathway that I have seen the most success. Patience!

In brief: Work on it daily
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: First, understand
That sciatic nerve pain is pain radiating into the leg with back pain that may or may not be associated with it.
If there is no leg pain, then there could be one of multiple reasons for your back pain that if it has persisted or progressed in spite of having it for some period of time you should see your doctor if otc medication, time & activity modification don' t help, get checked

In brief: First, understand
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Eric Weisman