Does a pinched nerve in upper back cause pain and weakness in both legs?

Dr. Chintan Sampat
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Spinal cord symptoms

A "pinched nerve" in the upper back can indicate possible compression of the spinal cord.
This can lead to pain, numbness, difficulty with balance, bowel/bladder issues, and weakness in the lower extremities. This type of disease may be quite serious and should be evaluated by a physician.

In brief: Spinal cord symptoms

Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: It my depending on

The cause of the pinching, its location and degree.
Generally, this would be known as a myleopathy with actual compression of the spinal cord which typically ends at rhe L1 level in adults. If this is the case, this is usually progressive and needs to be addressed surgically.

In brief: It my depending on

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Vikram Patel