After having low back surgery, is it normal to have unresolved nerve pain in feet and legs?

Yes. I assume you are talking of disc surgery, which the nerve involved. We have to consider two things. How chronic the painwas? How much the nerve injury is? It may take days? Few weeks? It may have residual pain for long time?
Best to discuss. With your surgeon who knows your individual case.
Not normal but. Ideally, everyone wants relief of all their symptoms. Sometimes there may be a co-existing neuropathy or even a compression neuropathy like a tarsal tunnel syndrome that nay gave not been diagnosed pre op. Sometimes even after a successful surgery in terms of freeing up the nerves they don't always fully recover. Get an EMG done and a repeat MRI with contrast to check for possible reasons.