I have a loss of appetite due to anosmia. Any suggestions on how to make food more appetizing? I don't want to starve but it is truly difficult to eat. Please help.

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Anosmia

Depending on the cause, and whether it is temporary, treating it should bring relief.
Examples of temporary anosmia causes are respiratory infection or blockage in the nose, nasal polyps, low thyroid function, sniffing illicit drugs, etc. Some permanent causes are brain injury where olfactory nerve is damaged. Some tx options are steroids & acupuncture. Consult your doctor re. Tx.

In brief: Anosmia

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: See U PCP f

He will be able to evaluate u and provide treatment.
In addition we take medication not because we like the taste or smell of it but because we need it. Try to convince u self u have to eat also.

In brief: See U PCP f

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Anosmia

Treat the cause (refer to my answer above).

In brief: Anosmia

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Arnon Rubin