Swollen skin tag like flaps have formed on the frenulum of my tongue and has been causing some discomfort for a couple of days now what should I do?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Warm salt water

Plica fimbriata are the fringe-like folds of mucosa on underside of the tongue on either side of the frenulum. Sometimes they become enlarged if the toothbrush hits them during brushing.
Usually rinsing with warm salt water for 2-3 days helps. Brush your teeth and gums gently. If not, visit your dentist for further evaluation.

In brief: Warm salt water

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams

In brief: See a dentist

Could be one of many things, but best to see a dentist for an evaluation.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dr. Charles Lockhart