I have an annular tear between cervical disc 4 and 5. What are my treatment options?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Don' t worry
Most times, these annular tears are just incidental findings on a MRI more related to actual aging process of the disc rather than to an injury or pain.
When they are, 90 % resolve over time. Not smoking can have a significant impact on these changes. Medication and exercise are important as well as avoiding prolonged positioning to reduce load across the disc.

In brief: Don' t worry
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Need bracing
Annular tears of the disc usually mean there is potentially an ares of weakness of the disc that can herniate through, however the site and location of the tear is important.
You have potential instablity problems at this level so would recommend bracing as this may allow this tear to heal.

In brief: Need bracing
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan