I have had numbness in my tongue for three days. Should i be concerned? Should i call my doctor? What could this tongue numbness mean?

Dr. Media Najafi
Dentistry

In brief: Nerve injury

You didn't specify the numbness just happened for no reason or it was after a dental procedure? Please specify.
Numbness in tongue means there is a nerve damage or pressure on the nerve that serves sensation to the tongue. If it is spontaneous please see a doctor asap. Keep us posted.

In brief: Nerve injury

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Several numbness

There are many causes of tongue numbness.
In the medical field, the condition is called paresthesia of the tongue, and it is most commonly caused by nerve damage. Damage to the brain, allergies, and pregnancy may also lead to numbness or tingling in the tongue. Multiple sclerosis and burning mouth syndrome can also cause paresthesia. I would consult your doctor.

In brief: Several numbness