Sore throat and congestion for 10 days. Congestion almost gone, throat sore am/pm. See dr or wait?

Wait. It appears that your symptoms are improving. If this is the case, i would wait.
See a doctor. Upper respiratory infections are usually caused by a virus and they are usually gone after 5-7 days. If symptoms are persisting for over 7 days its time to get an doctor's examination. Sometimes a viral URI will develop a secondary bacterial infection which will be relieved with prescription antibiotics. A doctor can also swab the throat and check for streptoccocal infection.