Why do babies always like the tags on their clothing and toys?

Dr. Janesta Noland
In brief: Slippery
Who knows, really.
But i thought after my first child I should have designed a toy to take advantage of that. But someone else figured it out: taggies - those adorable blankies and toys that are trimmed with tags. I think the answer lies in the fact that the tags are usually satin (nice slippery feel in fingers/mouth) and stick out from the shirt or toy. Appears to universal, though!

In brief: Slippery
Who knows, really.
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Janesta Noland
In brief: They're simple toys
Babies like the tags on their clothes and stuffed toys because the tags are easy to play with, grab onto, and chew on.
The tags are soft, and the fabric or stuffed animal the tags are attached to are also soft and cuddly. Parents don't worry about babies chewing on tags, so babies don't get into trouble with tags (compared to chewing on something dangerous). Be sure tags can't detach and choke!

In brief: They're simple toys
Dr. Cindy Juster