My tendons have been injured for a long time, what can I do?

Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Depends...
Depends a lot on the type of injury and specifically are we talking about an open or closed injury? I.
E did the tendon get cut or has it been strained and chronically inflamed, two very different types of injury. A lot will also depend on the location and the type of treatment up to now. Best to see a local hand surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: Depends...
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Naresh Rao
Sports Medicine
In brief: Seek medical attenti
Tendons that are injured for a long time need to assessed by a trained sports medicine physician.
Physical therapy is the first treatment usually recommended. There are injection therapies such as platelet rich plasma therapy that can help.

In brief: Seek medical attenti
Dr. Naresh Rao
Dr. Naresh Rao
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine